Can you believe Mother’s Day is rapidly approaching? This is the one day of the year that we get to honor our moms. Just like any other holiday, the media gets a hold of it and turns it into this expensive holiday. It’s important to honor your mother on Mother’s Day, but you don’t need to spend a fortune doing it. Check out this list of 30 frugal Mother’s Day gift ideas.
1. Make a homemade card for mom.
2. Pick a bouquet of homegrown flowers
3. Upcycle an old t-shirt into a scarf
4. Make a coupon book for things she loves and adores (cleaning?)
5. Create a craft using your hand print
6. Put a play on for mom
7. Tell mom how much you love her with a letter.
8. Upcycle an old picture frame by adding your own decorative touches.
9. Head to the dollar store to put together a spa gift basket
10. Give mom the gift of breakfast in bed.
11. Head to the farmer’s market to find a house plant or homegrown flowers.
12. Make a home video for mom this Mother’s day.
13. Create a memory jar for her with all of you favorite memories.
14. Create a calendar for mom highlighting beloved pictures and events.
15. Create a slideshow on the computer of events and memories that highlight mom.
16. Make homemade jewelry.
17. Allow mom an evening free of chores or duties.
18. Give your mother your time, this is one of the best free gifts of all.
19. Help her accomplish one of her lifetime goals (joining a gym or eating Chinese?)
20. Decorate a coffee mug.
21. Let her choose what she wants to do on Mother’s Day!
22. Why not bake mom some homemade goodies?
23. Chocolate is always a nice gesture!
24. Have a family photo shoot and then print the pictures to create a one of a kind scrapbook.
25. Spend the day crafting with Mom, thanks to supplies you already have at home.
26. Spend the day thrift shopping with mom. Sometimes it’s fun just to spend time together.
27. Write mom a poem telling her of how she’s inspired you over the years.
28. Collect quotes and advice from the family and create a special book for mom.
29. Make a homemade Mother’s day cake for mom honoring everything she’s taught you.
30. Create a door wreath.
This list is great because you can spend the whole month of May spoiling your mom, if you choose to do so. Mother’s Day is all about honoring the woman who brought you into this world and raised you. These frugal gift ideas are sure to make her feel loved.