This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RaceDayRelief #CollectiveBias
We just love race day in our house. It’s something that we’ve done as a family since the boys were little and plus it’s an awesome way to get the whole family together for something we all enjoy. But let’s face it, what’s game day without a great snack?
My family is excessively carnivorous – they want meat in great quantities. Maybe it’s because they are all males – who knows? Meatloaf is often on our menu rotation, but we wanted to try something a little different. In our house, we try to eat healthier most of the time, but some nights I like to treat them with what they really want – generous portions of red meat! The other thing my family can’t get enough of? Cheese! We put it in nearly everything so it was only natural that I pair these two for an awesome race day snack.
Here’s What You Need
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. dried onion flakes
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1- 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Here’s What You Do
1. Preheat oven to 375?
2. In a large bowl combine ground beef, eggs, Worcestershire, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, black pepper, and salt. Mix with your hands to get everything incorporated evenly.
3. Form into balls about 3″-4″ in diameter.
4. Open the center of the balls and stuff with cheese. Then form the meat back around to close it in. Be sure to cover well or all your cheese will ooze out (some is ok, but you don’t want it all to ooze out).
5. Place on baking sheet, evenly spaced out.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes (this will depend on the size you have made them) until they are cooked all the way through.
7. Check one to make sure they are done throughout the center.
See, they are a perfect race day snack!
Do you want to know what bums me out, though? Starting off race day with a headache or some other minor ache or pain. That’s why I went to Walmart to stock up on some Advil Film Coated.
I use fast acting Advil Film Coated for headaches, muscle aches, toothaches, menstrual cramps, back pain, and aches and pains associated with the common cold. Guys, the rapid release formula goes to work in minutes. I am a busy mom and I don’t have time for aches & pains, so now that I have something that works quickly like my Advil Film Coated, I am sticking with it!!
If you are heading to pick up some Advil Film Coated for yourself, click here for a coupon that’s good for $3 off 80 ct+ Advil Film Coated.
So tell me, what is your go-to race day snack?