It’s that time of year again. Ladies you know, that time of year when our summer tans are completely faded and our poor skin is all dried out from the cold. It’s not pretty, but you can rejuvenate your skin easily with this Homemade Cherry Chocolate Face Mask. The beauty of it is that you only need 3 ingredients and chances are you already have them in your cupboard.
Here’s what you need to make your Cherry Chocolate Face Mask:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons 100% cocoa (cacao)
- 10 Maraschino cherries
Here’s what you do:
1. In a small bowl combine the Greek yogurt and cocoa. Mix until well blended.
2. In a separate bowl mash up about 10 maraschino cherries. You will want to mash these until they are in small chunks. Don’t worry about any syrup that releases from them as it will add to the overall mask.
3. Combine the cherries into the yogurt mixture and mix well.
4. Smear the cherry chocolate mask onto your face using your hands or a washcloth. Leave on for 15 minutes and rinse well.
5. You can refrigerate any leftover mixture in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
This face mask offers many benefits. The chocolate (the cocoa) and cherries contain many antioxidants that help slow the process of aging. The Greek yogurt contains anti-bacterial properties that help fight acne and keep the appearance of your face looking fresh and clean!