I am going to be honest, we’re not big on Valentine’s Day around our house. In fact, my husband and I refuse to celebrate it, but that doesn’t mean that the kids can’t have a little Valentine’s Day fun. I generally adorn my house with a few small decorations to acknowledge the “holiday” and this year I decided to make a fun Valentine’s Day conversation heart banner to hang up.
The banner is wicked easy to make and it will make a lovely addition to anyone’s decor. You can get as creative with the sayings on the conversation hearts as you want and believe me when I say, it can be real fun to come up with some out of the ordinary sayings. Because of the kids, I kept mine family friendly, but you can go in just about any direction you want with yours.
Here’s what you need to make your Valentine’s Day Banner:
- Pastel card stock
- Wilton heart shaped cookie cutter
- Red marker
- Hole punch
Here’s what you do:
1. Trace your heart shaped cookie cutter onto your pastel card stock.
2. Cut out your card stock hearts with scissors.
3. Use conversation hearts as inspiration for what to write on to your hearts with your red marker, things like love, text me, I love you, etc.
4. Using a hole punch punch two holes in each heart on the top two humps like so.
5. Now you can start weaving in your ribbon through the punched holes starting from the back ,through, and in the top of the other side.
6. Once you have weaved through all of your hearts tie a knot at the ends of your ribbon then hang up to display!
It’s super easy to make and your new banner will make a great addition to your Valentine’s Day decorations.