It’s no secret that It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown is my favorite cartoon of all time. As soon as I see Linus and Lucy walking towards that pumpkin patch to pick out the perfect pumpkin, I am transported back to my own childhood. I remember as a child (before DVD’s and even cable), my mom would let me stay up late every year to watch it when it came on tv.
It’s not just It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, either. I have loved so many of the Peanuts gang specials and movies over the years and I was excited to hear that they have a new movie coming out on Friday, November 6th, 2015: The Peanuts Movie. You can view the trailer here: http://www.peanutsmovie.com.
I was even more excited when I heard that Shaw’s stores was going to be the exclusive grocery partner for the upcoming release of The Peanuts Movie and that they were going to have two exclusive reusable Peanuts branded shopping bags / trick-or-treat bags that are free (with purchase, while supply lasts).
Do you remember the scene in It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown when all the kids go trick or treating. With the exception of Lucy, who is a witch, and Charlie Brown, who just wears a sheet with a lot of holes in it, the rest of the gang were all dressed up as ghosts. My kids and I decided to recreate those cute ghosts by making a craft out of some old puzzle pieces. It’s super easy to make and you only need a few things to make your ghost (and you probably already have them). My kids got a huge kick out of it.
Here’s what you need:
- Old puzzle
- Any black craft paint
- Any white craft paint
- Elmer’s glue
- Paint brushes
Here’s what you do:
1. Start by painting the back of about 30 puzzle pieces white (more or less depending on how big you want your ghost to be). Let them dry completely.
2. Next paint 3 pieces black and let them dry completely.
3. Once your puzzle pieces are completely dry, start gluing the white pieces onto your black paper in the shape of a ghost.
4. Once you have your outline and first layer of the ghost, start overlapping the puzzles pieces by gluing them on top of each other.
5. Glue two black pieces toward the top for eyes and one black piece under the eyes for your ghosts mouth.
6. Your ghost is now complete!
The two exclusive reusable Peanuts branded shopping bags / trick-or-treat bags are available now, so don’t miss out on getting yours. As I mentioned, free with purchase (while supplies last). These reusable trick-or-treat bags are given to shoppers who purchase three participating items.
Participating brands include:
- Horizon Organics
- Coke (Honest and Pure Leaf)
- Johnson & Johnson
- Pop Secret
- Snack Pack (ConAgra)
- Schwan’s (Red Baron’s)
- Rich Products(sugar cookies and cakes in the deli)
- ACH Foods/Spice Islands
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Safeway. The opinions and text are all mine.
Be sure to head over to Shaw’s to purchase participating products and get your own Peanuts Trick or Treat bag! And don’t forget to The Peanuts Movie November 6th!