**This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HouseofBBQ #CollectiveBias This content is intended for readers who are 21 and over.
My husband Chris and I love to entertain at our house all year round, but we especially like having friends and/or family over in the summer time. There is just something about sitting outside by the fire with some good company and some even better food to munch on that makes summer nights absolute perfection.
I think by now that many of you know that our living situation is a little different. In case you didn’t already know this, Chris is my boy’s step-dad. My boys have an amazing relationship with their real dad (yay) and they spend several nights every week over their dad’s house – giving Chris & I some much needed “adult” time every single week.
Since we entertain fairly often when the kids aren’t around, I like to make this amazing beer cheese dip for my guests. It’s the perfect dip to serve when there are no kids around and trust me, it’s always a hit. Always.
This past Saturday just so happened to be one of those kid free days, and since the weather was gorgeous, we decided to have a few friends over. The first thing I said to Chris was “I need to make my beer cheese dip for everyone”. I stopped by my local Price Chopper to pick up some of our favorite beers: Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy & Grapefruit Shandy. My dip only calls for one beer, but hey – I wanted to make sure I had lots of beer for my guests.
- 1 can of Leinenkugel’s Grapefruit Shandy
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1 8oz package of pepper jack cheese
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch (for thickening) optional
1. Cut your cream cheese into 8 cubes.
2. Shred your block of pepper jack cheese.
3. Pour 1 can of Leinenkugel’s Grapefruit Shandy in a pan.
4. Bring shandy to a boil for about 4 minutes
5. Stir in cream cheese and pepper jack cheese
6. Whisk together until cheese melts
7. Add 2 Tbl of corn starch ( one at a time ) until well blended
8. Boil for a few minutes and serve with some yummy pretzels and a refreshing Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy!
What did you think of my recipe? It’s definitely a hit every time I serve it, but if you still want more, be sure to check out Price Chopper’s Pinterest board for more recipe inspiration.
Because of the experience I had purchasing Leinenkugel’s at Price Chopper, not to mention the fun times we had with our friends, I always make sure to get Leinenkugel’s whenever I am at The Boston Tavern, Buddy’s Pizza Pub and Harry’s Grill, which are all in my home town.