The thing about being an all boy mom is that they are literally always hungry. When someone told me that growing boys would eat me out of house and home, they weren’t kidding. My boys eat big lunches at school, but both of them come off the bus starving just a few hours later. Every single day. I usually have snacks ready for them when they get off the bus, but sometimes I like to get a little creative with their snacks. These Hawaiian Style Pineapple Pizzas are easy to make, delicious and definitely qualify as being creative. This recipe is a huge hit with my boys whenever I make them and the best part of this recipe, besides the flavors, is how cost effective it is to prepare. It cost me less than $10 for all of the ingredients. How can you beat that?
Hawaiian Style Pineapple Pizzas
- 1- 20 ounce can of Pineapple slices.
- 1- 10 to15 oz can of pizza or marinara sauce.
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- 1 package of 8-12 Canadian bacon slices.
1. Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Drain the pineapple slices, and place them flat, onto the baking sheet.
4. Lay a slice of Canadian bacon onto each pineapple slice.
5. Add about a tablespoon of sauce over the bacon.
6. Top with about 1-2 tablespoons of cheese.
7. Bake in the oven for about 6-8 minutes, watching carefully.
8. Remove from oven when the cheese has melted over the sauce.
These are an easy snack or light meal idea and since they only take a few minutes to prepare, you can make them anytime.
If your family loves these flavor combinations, this is definitely the recipe for you! If you try it, let me know how you like them.