“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group(R) and Weight Watchers, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #WWMarket http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV“
Do you know what my favorite part of the day is? My daily snack break. As a work at home mom, it’s one thing after another at my house and my snack time is something I look forward to every day. It’s my time to step away from the chaos and just enjoy a treat. Sometimes I feel like a sweet treat and other days, something savory is what I’m craving, but like a lot of us, I am trying to watch what I eat. Weight Watchers products are a delicious and healthier option when it comes to snack time.
Since my boys are still home on summer vacation, I recently decided to make us all a healthy snack recipe with a few things I picked up from Stop and Shop. It’s something that my mom made for me when I was a kid and I knew that my kids would love it. It’s called Italian Popcorn and it’s super easy to make.
Here’s what you need:
- About 9 cups of popped popcorn (a big bowl full)
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (or parsley flakes if you’re in a hurry).
Here’s what you do:
1. In a large bowl, combine your freshly popped popcorn and truffle oil, drizzling lightly until all the kernels are lightly coated.
2. Add grated Parmesan, tossing well (continue to mix the popcorn, which will prevent the cheese from clumping).
3. Top with your sea salt and parsley.
That’s it! See, I told you it was easy and boy, it’s delicious, too. It’s a really simple way to take your popcorn up a notch.
Once you’re ready to eat your popcorn, I recommend transferring it into individual bowls because it’s a little easier to eat. You will get cheese on your fingers and having your own bowl cuts down on little hands getting wiped on their pants. Trust me on this.
But let us not forget those sweet cravings. These Salted Caramel mini brownies are great because they are only 80 calories per brownie. They are awesome to take on the go as well.
Stop by your local Stop and Shop between 9/1/16 – 9/28/16 and when you buy any (5) FIVE participating Weight Watchers products (excluding Heinz SmartOnes & Meeting Room Products) you’ll Save $3.00 instantly while supplies last!
So tell me, what’s your favorite way to season popcorn