Growing up I loved it when I was outside playing with friends in the backyard and my mom would bring out a try of Dixie cup ice pops outside for us to snack on. Back then hers were a bit more simple (she made hers from whatever juice was in the fridge), but they were still awesome and definitely refreshing on those super hot days.
Now that I am the mom, it makes my heart happy that my boys love playing outside in the summer as much as I did when I was a kid. Experimenting with different flavor combinations for their ice pops makes this mom happy and the fun flavors we’ve been experimenting with definitely make my boys happy. They get just as excited to see me coming with an ice pop in each hand as I did back when I was young.
These ice pops that I made from strawberry, orange and banana are fruity, easy to make, healthy and boy do they taste delicious!
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 Cup diced strawberries
- 2 small bananas
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons honey (optional)
- 3oz Dixie style cups
- Popsicle sticks
Here’s what you do:
1. Place your bananas, yogurt, orange juice, and honey into your blender.
2. Blend for about a minute on milkshake mode.
3. Place a few strawberry pieces into each cup.
4. Fill your cups up with your blended mixture and add a few more strawberry pieces.
5. Place a Popsicle stick into the middle of each cup and place in the freezer (if you have a hard time getting your sticks to stick straight up, wait an hour after they’ve been in the freezer).
6. Freeze for several hours, pull down on the side of the cup and your Popsicle will pop right out.
What’s better on a hot summer day than a frozen treat like these?
What flavor ice pop would you make?